Professional Development & Training
It is the policy of the University that the education and training of our employees enhance both individual and organizational performance. This enables us to achieve our institutional goals. Therefore, it is the commitment of the University to train and develop our employees to improve their skill and ability in both their current position and for future promotion. This page includes information and resources on online and in-person training opportunities for employees related to diversity, leadership development, professional development, operational efficiency, and compliance. There is also information on coaching and consulting opportunities to improve and enhance performance of individuals, teams, and divisions.
Training Opportunities & Services sponsored by OHR
The Office of Human Resources aims to provide a variety of in-person and online training opportunities focused on leadership and managerial development, improving operational efficiency, and successfully navigating hiring and promotional systems. Check out the Training Initiatives page to view what is available.
Are you a department head who is planning an annual retreat, professional development session, or have a team management challenge you would like to address? Contact Christy Cunningham for more information on this service.
Are you a manager or supervisor looking for guidance, suggestions, and resources related to a supervisory or departmental challenge? Contact Christy Cunningham for more information on this service.
Additional Training Resources
The Campus Police department offers a page of online training resources related to personal safety and crime prevention.
- Check the Campus Police page to review topics available.
The Center for Teaching & Learning Design provides faculty with pedagogically-based best practices for incorporating technology into face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses; leadership in identifying strategies for engaging students in learning with technology; a regular calendar of individual and group instruction; training for faculty to increase comfort and utility of digital tools for teaching and learning; and support for student success in technologically-enhanced learning environments.
- Check the Center for Teaching & Learning Design for resources and tools.
The Information Technolgy Services division offers on-going technology training courses for faculty, staff, and students.
Check the ITS page for options, dates, and times.
Murphy Writing of Stockton University offers programs in the US and around the world to help writers develop their craft. When writers immerse themselves in these challenging and supportive workshops and an encouraging community, they often make breakthroughs in their art. The Winter Poetry & Prose Getaway, founded in 1994, is the flagship program, attracting more than 200 poets and writers from across the country each year.
The NJ Division on Civil Rights offers a variety of online workshops aimed at preventing and addressing discrimination.
- Check the NJ Division on Civil Rights training page for workshop descriptions, dates, and registration links.
The NJ Civil Service Commission offers a variety of classroom and eLearning training courses with public employees in mind.
- Check the NJCSC website to explore opportunities.
The Environment, Health Office offers both mandatory and option training opportunities related to employee safety.
- Check the EHS page for training regulations and options.
The Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Center offers resources and training resources related to diversity, gender & sexual, and women's issues.
- Check the WGSC page for resources.
- Fred Pryor Seminars (To enroll call 1-800-556-2998 or on-line at www.pryor.com)
- LORMAN Education Services (to enroll go to www.lorman.com)
- SkillPath Seminars (To enroll, call 1-800-873-7545 or on-line at www.skillpath.com)
- National Seminars Group (Enroll on-line at www.NationalSeminarsTraining.com or call 1.800.258.7246)
- Learning Tree Management Institute (to enroll call 1-888-THE-TREE or on-line at www.learningtree.com)
- View the full list of HR staff including notes on who can help you with what
- Or, call us at 609-652-4384
- Or stop by our suite in J-115
We look forward to getting you what you need, answering your questions, and/or connecting you with the HR team member that can best help you.