Forms and Information

This section contains important information for students who are seeking additional information and guidelines for services with the Learning Access Program.  

Magnifying glass on top of grey laptop




Information and Resources 

Documentation of Diagnosed Disability Form

The Learning Access Program engages in an interactive process with each student that requests classroom accommodations. Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis and dependent upon the nature of each course and the method of instruction as it relates to the student’s documented disability. Prior to the student's intake appointment, students are encouraged to submit any available supporting documentation, such as their Educational Evaluation, Psychological Evaluation, IEP or 504 plan and/or documentation of past evaluations. Students without any documentation can have a learning, medical or mental health provider complete the Documentation of Diagnosed Disability Form

If you have questions about whether your documentation is appropriate, please visit the AHEAD Disability Documentation Guidelines® (AHEAD) for guidelines.

Prior receipt of accommodations, such as in high school or another University setting, will inform the process of determining appropriate accommodations at Stockton, however, they do not guarantee receipt of the same accommodations. 

Return to top


The Learning Access Program does not determine class attendance policies. Because attendance may be integral to the pedagogic process, these policies are set by faculty at the university, departmental, or individual level.  In some cases, attendance is fundamental to the course, while in other instances faculty may determine that students can master course content despite some absences. Similarly, faculty also determine policies regarding make-up work, extra credit, and missed quizzes or tests. Faculty are not required to lower or substantially modify academic standards for accommodation purposes.

The Learning Access Program can work with the student and the faculty on a case-by-case and class-by-class basis to discuss the attendance and make-up policies as it relates to the student's documented disability and to help students make informed course choices when registering.

Return to top

Request for Emotional Support Animal

Emotional support animal requests are treated as a housing accommodation request and must follow the general principles for such request as outlined in the Housing Accommodation Request Guidelines. Additionally, students requesting an emotional support animal must submit the Request for Emotional Support Animal form. This document outlines the procedures for students who are requesting an accommodation to have an emotional support animal in an on-campus residence. Student's requesting this accommodation must submit a Request for Emotional Support Animal and a Housing Accommodation Request form (if one is not already on file), which must be completed by a physician, psychiatrist, social worker, or mental health provider.  

Please consult the Emotional Support Animals Procedure for additional information prior to submitting the request. Requests are reviewed by the housing committee on a bimonthly basis.  Students are encouraged to complete the requested paperwork prior to the start of the semester if applicable so that there is not a delay in the approval process.

Return to top

Housing Accommodation Guidelines

Students with disabilities that require a specific type of housing assignment may request housing accommodations. Students must follow the general principles for such request as outlined in the Accommodation Request Guidelines. This process includes already being registered with the Learning Access Program and having your physician, psychiatrist, social worker or mental health provider complete a Housing Accommodation Request form.  In addition, students must submit the required documentation prior to the deadline to be eligible for review with the Housing Review Committee.  The committee meets on a bimonthly basis to review requests and  if applicable determine arrangements that meet your needs. Not all submissions are guaranteed and additional information may be requested.  

Return to top

Praxis® Exam Accommodations

Students enrolled in the Education program are required to take the Praxis® Exam by their second semester of the program. For additional information about program requirements, please visit the ETS/Praxis Testing FAQ webpageStudents that need to request accommodations for the exam must follow the documentation guidelines set forth by ETS.

*Requests for accommodations are submitted to and reviewedby the ETS Disability Services Office, not the Learning Access Program

Students that are registered with the Learning Access Program can check with their Coordinator to determine if the office can complete the Certificate of Eligibility: Accommodation History form. In order for the form to be eligible for completion by the Learning Access Program, the student must have been registered with the office for a minimum of six months prior to making the request and the following documentation must have been provided: 

  • an evaluation completed within the last 5 years for learning disabilities (LD), attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or intellectual disability (ID).
  • an evaluation completed within the last 12 months for psychiatric disabilities and traumatic brain injury.

Please review the instructions in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-Related Needs prior to contacting the Learning Access Program to request assistance applying for Praxis® accommodations. 

Return to top

Service Animals Procedure    

Students that require a service dog or have a service dog in training should become familiar with the University's procedures for service animals. Although it is not required, students are encouraged to register with the Learning Access Program. If the student is residing on campus, they must submit a copy of their service dog's vaccination records to the Learning Access Program.

Return to top 

Student Confidentiality

All documents submitted to the Learning Access Program are maintained in a private, electronic case management system, on a secure server that includes information about student demographics, academic programs, documentation of the condition(s), accommodations, and student contacts with LAP. Access to these files will be limited. Specific information on a student’s disability will only be shared with the student’s written permission and/or on a need-to-know basis. This information does not become part of a student’s transcript or permanent record.  Students with questions about confidentiality should contact the Learning Access Program (J-204 or by phone 609.652.4988).

Return to top