Suicide is the 2ND leading cause of death for college students. At Stockton, we want to decrease mental health stigma, and prevent suicide.
If you or someone you know is in a crisis situation and having thoughts of death, dying and/or suicide, contact the following resources 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- NJ Hopeline: 1-855-654-6735
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
- National Crisis Text Line: text the word “BRAVE” to 741-741
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQ specific crisis line): 866-488-7386 or text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200
- Veteran’s Crisis Line (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline): 1-800-273-8255 or text 838255
- Stockton University Police: 609-652-4390 or 911
- Psychiatric Intervention Program (Atlantic County): 609-344-1118
- Residential Life: Resident Assistant or Complex Director will work with appropriate University units.
For additional support during regular office hours, Stockton University has on-campus resources. In the event you are experiencing severe anxiety, depression, or any other issues that are impacting your overall wellness, contact the Wellness Center (J-204).
Counseling Services, 609-652-4722
The Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Center, 609-626-3611