In support of Stockton’s mission, University policies express our official position on matters of importance to the University as a whole.
Our policies and procedures govern the actions and activities of the institution and clearly communicate University expectations, guidelines and best practices.
A complete repository of the University Policies and Procedures, the Student Handbook, and the University Bulletin (course catalog), and the Campus Code of Conduct provide additional information.
Below are links providing more information for some of the most frequently asked questions:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or Reasonable Accommodations
- Breastfeeding at Work N.J. Rev. Stat. § 26:4B-4/5 (1997) entitles a mother to breastfeed her baby in any location of a place of public accommodation, resort or amusement wherein the mother is otherwise permitted. Failure to comply with the law may result in a fine. Lactation Information and Resources can be found here.
- Contractual Rights and Obligations. The Stockton Federation of Teachers, AFT Local 2275 is the organization that is responsible for bargaining for the faculty and professional staff of the University.
- State Master Contract
- Local Agreements affecting only Stockton Faculty; (i.e. Evaluation of faculty and librarians, evaluation of precepting by on-line students, use of idea and small class instruments for student evaluation of teaching, or faculty teaching load)
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace
- Emergency Closings -It is a rare occurrence for the university to close due to weather conditions. However, during times of adverse weather conditions or other emergencies, it is your responsibility to listen for emergency broadcast announcements. All employees are encouraged to "opt in" to the University's emergency text-messaging system. To subscribe, log into the Employee Tab on the Portal and Update Emergency Text Messaging Contacts in the Personal Information channel.
- Employee Benefits for details on State Health Benefits Program, State Dental Program, Prescription Plan, Vision Care, Long-Term Care lnsurance, Open Enrollment, and more.
- Ethics Obligations - You will be asked to complete an Outside Employment/Activity Questionnaire annually.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Holiday Calendar - The University is not completely closed on every holiday. Note that classes are held on the days with asterisks.
- Payroll Information -Understand your paystub, get direct deposit, and find when paychecks are issued.
- Personnel Records of Employees The office of Human Resources is the official depository of all employee personnel records for the college.
- Salary Schedules
- Policy Prohibiting Discrimination in the Workplace - Includes both discrimation and sexual harrasment.
- Stockton Federation of Teachers Local 2275 See Contractual Rights and Obligations
- Tuition Assistance - Stockton offers tuition reimbursement for spouses, dependents, and couples in a civil union.
- Travel Process, Information, and Forms
- Vehicle Request Form The University maintains a fleet of vehicles for travel on official business.