HVLA Mobilizations of the Extremities
Stockton University in Collaboration Partnership
with Mid-Atlantic Manual Therapy Consultants
Saturday, Dec 2nd and Sunday Dec 3rd
Stockton University John F. Scarpa Health Sciences Center-HSC 301
Dec 2nd 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
Dec 3rd 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
This 2 day seminar includes ~70% hands-on lab and ~30% didactic components. The majority of the course is spent learning examination and mobilization techniques of the extremity joint complexes, including: hip, knee, ankle/foot, shoulder girdle, elbow, wrist, hand. Extensive lab practice time is dedicated to learning HVLA mobilizations, which is the primary focus of the course. There is also a review of current evidence and a live case study. In addition, supplemental video content for this course featuring all exercise techniques taught is also included.
- The participant will identify the history of thrust mobilization, current APTA policy, differences with non thrust techniques, and the evidence available for techniques taught
- The participant will identify specific differential diagnoses that would lead to precautions and contraindications of HVLA techniques
- The participant will demonstrate subjective history questions that would indicate the potential for differential diagnoses that would contraindicate HVLA
- The participant will identify clinical presentations , such as specific dysfunctions/pathologies, and when to apply the HVLA techniques
- The participant will demonstrate how to appropriately perform HVLA techniques on a lab partner, for multiple spinal joint regions
Instructors: from Mid Atlantic Manual Therapy Consultants
Alessandro Antonini PT, DPT, CIMT, FAAOMPT, (Lead Instructor)
Frank Buzin, PT, DPT, FAAOMPT (Lead Instructor)
Eric Cohen, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT (Assisting)
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants
Continuing Education Credit Information
$385.00 on or before November 18, 2023
$425.00 on or after November 19, 2023
Please note we are using a new registration platform and if you have not already created an account with Stockton University you will need to do so first before securing payment.
After you click "Add to Cart" you will be taken back to the page with list of courses. Locate the course (you may need to click "Next" as there are several pages of courses) and click the green "Checkout" box. You will then be prompted to login with username and password or create an account. After login or create an account, you will then be moved to the payment screen to secure your payment by credit or debit card.
If you are experiencing difficulty with registration or need further assistance please call the Office of Continuing Studies & Adult Education at 609-652-4227 during weekly business hours
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway, NJ 08205 John F. Scarpa Health Sciences Center (HSC 301)
If you have a special needs request please email Kent Mayhew at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Kent Mayhew at email@example.com with any questions.
Please click here for refund policy for continuing education courses