First- Year F.A.C.T.S.
- Faculty Office Hours
- Check your syllabus for office hours or schedule a time to meet with your professor that works with your schedule.
- Make a personal connection in case you ever need a letter of recommendation.
- Clarify and ask questions about course content.
- Get study ideas.
- Prepare for an upcoming assignment.
- Review an exam or a paper you wrote.
- Talk about grades.
- Work through practice problems.
- Academic Advising
- Schedule an appointment to speak to an academic advisor.
- Check the academic calendar for precepting days and schedule to meet with your preceptor.
- Discuss and create your long-term educational, personal, and career goals.
- Develop an academic success plan.
- Evaluate your educational goals, and progress in your major and degree requirements.
- Career, Education & Development
- Take advantage of working with a tutor at the Tutoring Center, and/or the Library Services.
- Seminar and Student Transition Programs
- Complete a first-year seminar.
- Engage with the TALONS mentor assigned to your first-year seminar.
- Attend study sessions, and academic programs endorsed by your assigned TALONS mentor.
Resources for New Students
- Facebook: Join group at "Stockton's Student Transition Programs"
- Instagram: Follow us @stocktontransitionprograms