Transition Activity Leaders Of New Students
T.A.L.O.N.S. give new students a realistic view of academic, social, and emotional changes that may occur in their transition to Stockton by attending Orientation and Welcome Week events. Overall, T.A.L.O.N.S. promote a positive and enthusiastic attitude toward helping new students successfully transition into their first semester of school by remaining in contact with students through their first-year seminar course.
- Assist with Orientation and Registration for the following groups: Freshmen, Transfers, Military & Veterans, EOF, and Student Success Scholars Program
- Facilitate Orientation and Welcome Week activities
- Engage in a semester long Spring course
- Mentor first-year students throughout the Fall Semester via First-Year Seminar Courses
- Complete and Pass the Spring course titled Inclusive Student Transitions
- Attend Orientation and Welcome Week Trainings
- Work New Student Orientations (Summer and Winter), Welcome Week, and Fall Seminar Mentor Program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Be in good standing with the University
- Cannot work as a Resident Assistant or Event Services & Campus Center Operations staff member due to scheduling conflicts
- Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student for the Fall semester in Galloway or at the Stockton Instructional sites (for example, participants cannot be studying abroad or participating in the DC or Disney internship program for the Fall semester).
Current full-time students who are interested in applying for this paid position for 2023 and are in good academic and disciplinary standing can apply in the beginning of the Fall 2022 Semester by following the instructions below:
Interested in the T.A.L.O.N.S. student leadership position?
To learn more about this fun paid leadership position attend one (1) of our 5 upcoming TALONS Info Sessions!
Information Session Dates/Times:
- Thursday September 22, 2022 @ 4:30pm in F111
- Friday September 23, 2022 @ 3:30pm in F111
- Monday September 26, 2022 @ 5:30pm in F111
- Tuesday September 27, 2022 @ 4:30pm vin F111
- Wednesday October 5, 2022 @ 10:00pm via Zoom
For more information please contact the Office of Student Transition Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 609-626-3643