Fellowships for Distinguished Students
The "Stockton Board of Trustees Fellowships for Distinguished Students" program was established by the Board of Trustees in April of 1986. It supports student-initiated projects of undergraduate research and/or creative work in keeping with the educational philosophy and mission of Stockton University. Fellowship awards in amounts up to $1,000 each are provided semi-annually contingent upon available funds. While fellowships are intended to be utilized during time periods when the college is not in normal academic session (i.e., winter and summer semester breaks), projects that extend into the academic semester will be considered.
Projects dedicated to social justice, civic engagement activities, and/or experiential learning opportunities or high impact practices will be given priority for funding.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for funds under this program:
- Enrolled full or part time as an undergraduate student at Stockton during the semesters immediately preceding and the time period in which the funds will be utilized.
- Successfully completed 32 academic credits prior to funds being utilized.
- In good academic standing as defined by a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Selected a project of a research and/or creative nature that is outside the institutionally mandated senior theses/projects required by some undergraduate degree programs.
- Selected a project of a type which can be completed within a break period and the semester following the break period, i.e., Winter Break/Spring Semester or Summer Break/Fall Semester.
- Applied for IRB review and approval for any projects involving human subjects. IRB approval does not need granted at time application for the Fellowship
Applicants should download all fillable forms, complete them, and email all application materials to BOT-Fellowship@stockton.edu by the application deadline of October 20th, 2022 for the winter break funding period and April 16, 2023 or the summer break funding period. For more information, please contact Dr. Ian Bouie, Director of Academic Achievement Programs, at email@example.com
Guidelines and Application Procedures