Do I have to apply to Stockton University in order to take a continuing education course?

You do not have to make application to the college in order to register for non-credit continuing education courses. Non-credit continuing education courses are open to anyone.

I do not have a college degree. Can I still take a continuing education course?

There are no prerequisites for most continuing education courses, although some courses are designed specifically for practicing professionals with advanced degrees. Contact our office for more information about whether a course in which you are interested is appropriate for you.

I am unemployed. Is there funding for me to take classes that may lead to a new job?

Absolutely. A selection of our non-credit courses, and all of Stockton's degree programs, are approved for Workforce Development funds. If you are unemployed and seeking a new career, go to: www.njtops.org for information. Click on 'get started & search for training', then enter 'Stockton College' in the 'Enter a Keyword or Provider Name:' box. You can also contact your local county Workforce Investment Board/Department of Labor office to learn more about training for unemployed workers.

How do I pay for a continuing education course?

There are a variety of ways to pay for a continuing education course. We accept checks, money orders, credit cards, and company/agency POs. Many employers pay for employee professional development and we are glad to work with these employers to accept purchase orders for continuing education courses.

What if I have to cancel after I have registered for a continuing education course?

We will be pleased to refund your course fee only if you withdraw at least four (4) business days prior to the start of the class. You may notify us by phone 609-652-4227 or by email Continuingstudies@stockton.edu, of your intent to withdraw. Refunds will be issued within 2-4 weeks based on the original payment method. There are no refunds for trips or ticketed events. Student substitutions are not permitted for courses. No refunds will be made once a course is in session, although in cases involving medical emergencies, we can accommodate a participant's need to hold a registration to the next cohort group of the course or a similar course. The Pinelands Short Course and the Pinelands Summer Short Course are non-refundable events. 

I am interested in teaching an existing or new course. What is the process for this?

We are always looking for new instructors and new course ideas. If you are interested in becoming an instructor for an existing course or would like to propose a new course to instruct, please click the following link and complete the Continuing Studies Course Proposal form. Once completed, please email, fax or mail it back to us for review.

Special Needs Requests:

Any special needs requests can be sent to continuingstudies@stockton.edu or call 609-652-4227.