Cannabis & Hemp Research Initiative at Stockton (CHRIS)
The Cannabis & Hemp Research Initiative at Stockton (CHRIS) provides cannabis and hemp education, research, and resources for local and national markets.
Our mission is to conduct agricultural and non-medical cannabis and hemp research, leverage our scientific expertise to develop a testing laboratory and provide opportunities for community engagement and education.
CHRIS demonstrates Stockton’s commitment to cannabis education by:
- Offering quarterly hemp and cannabis industry relevant panels
- Hosting an annual Cannabis Curriculum Convening to bring together a myriad of cannabis educators from other educational institutions
- Housing helpful cannabis education artifacts, articles, and links to reliable sources on our website
- Arranging educational seminars and interactive events in our fields and greenhouses
- Partnering with like minded businesses and organizations to conduct research projects, to educate the public, and train the post prison population to work in the hemp or cannabis industries
- Collaborating with our Continuing Education Department to continue to develop and update cutting-edge cannabis curriculum leading to a Stockton University Cannabis Certification
As one of the first universities to offer a Minor in Cannabis Studies, CHRIS further cements our commitment to the development of an educated, motivated, diverse, equity-based cannabis and hemp workforce.
Free Quarterly Cannabis Education Panel!
June 1st, 2023
Topic: NJ Adult Use Cannabis Polling
Zoom Webinar, time: TBD
Moderator: Rob Mejia, Teaching Specialist in Cannabis Studies at Stockton University.
Panelist: Alyssa Maurice, Research Associate at the William J. Hughes Center for Public Policy at Stockton University.
Register to receive a recording (after June 1 st , 2023):
The William J. Hughes Center for Public Policy at Stockton University serves as a catalyst for research, analysis and innovative policy solutions on the economic, social and cultural issues facing New Jersey, and promotes the civic life of New Jersey through engagement, education and research.
Minor in Cannabis Studies to build a foundation for participating in and understanding the cannabis industry.
Professional Development courses and Certificates in Cannabis Studies provide targeted workforce training. In addition, we now offer a Social Justice and Cannabis class.