The Cannabis & Hemp Research Initiative is focused on developing a greater understanding of the agricultural processes that lead to successful hemp cultivation, partnering with companies who want to conduct non-medical research, providing educational materials and opportunities to the community, and using our laboratory to test hemp cultivars and products.
Research for Cannabis Licenses
- If you have or are applying for a hemp or cannabis license, and would like to conduct research - particularly surveys - please contact us.
- The Cannabis Effect on Crime: Time-Series Analysis of Crime in Colorado and Washington
Conducted in part by Ruibin Lu Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice
Hemp Research Interests
- Best Agricultural Practices
- Hemp Cannabinoid Chemistry
- Environmental Impact Studies
- Potential uses for hemp (hempcrete, hemp plastic, hemp oil)