Office 365 is available, free of charge, to current Stockton students, faculty and staff for personal use.
This includes access to OneDrive (Microsoft cloud storage service) as well as access to online, desktop and tablet versions of Microsoft Office. We also have a list of Office 365 tips.
- Go to http://portal.office.com
- Use your Stockton e-mail address (see below) as your username and your Portal password
to log in to Office365
- Students - email@example.com
- Faculty & Staff - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on Next
- Certain members on campus will need to authenticate with duo before proceeding. Click Log in
Installing 365 to a Device
Important: Before Installing Office, please first log into the Microsoft portal.
You will have the option of installing Office for Windows or Mac on up to 5 computers, and up to 5 mobile devices. Just click on Install Office, then click Office 365 apps and follow the instructions. Click on the Microsoft Support page for further assistance.Office for Windows includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher and OneNote Office for Mac and Mobile Devices include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.
The install will then begin. Your install is finished when you see the phrase, "You're all set! Office is installed now" and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close.
- Tip: If you see an error that says the Microsoft Office installer.pkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer, wait 10 seconds and
move the downloaded file to your desktop. Hold Control + click the file to launch the installer.
- On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
- Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
- Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
- Choose how you want to install Office and click Continue.
- Review the disk space requirements or change your install location, and then click Install.Note: If you want to only install specific Office apps and not the entire suite, click the Customize button and uncheck the programs you don't want.
- Enter your Mac login password, if prompted, and then click Install Software. (This is the password that you use to log in to your Mac.)
- The software begins to install. Click Close when the installation is finished. If Office installation fails, see What to try if you can't install or activate Office for Mac.
Office 365 also provides you with 1 terabyte of storage space through OneDrive, and access to Office Online, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Excel Survey.
These services give you the flexibility of creating, editing and sharing files with your favorite web browser from anywhere as long as WiFi or wireless data connection is available.
Need Help? ITS Help Desk Support
Please contact the ITS Help Desk for additional technical support. Stop by our office located in D121,
E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at (609) 652-4309
Office 365 - Learn More
Please note that even though the video below mentions a monthly or yearly cost for this service, Office365 is free of charge for Stockton students, faculty and staff.