Calendar of Events
- Saturday, September 18, 9:00am – 3:00pm | online and in person in G-138
- Saturday, October 23, 9:00am – 3:00pm | online only
- Saturday, November 13, 9:00am – 3:00pm | online and in person in G-138
- Monday, December 20, 9:00am – 3:00pm | online and in person in G-138 and F-121
- Tuesday, December 21, 9:00am – 3:00pm | online and in person in G-138 and F-121
- Mondays, 10:00am – 12:00pm | online
- Mondays, 2:00pm – 4:00pm | online
- Tuesdays, 9:00am – 1:00pm | online
- Wednesdays, 10:00am – 12:00pm | online
- Thursdays, 10:00am – 12:00pm | online
- Fridays, 9:00am – 11:00am | online
Setting up for Scholarship Success
Friday, September 17, 2021, 1:00 - 2:30 pm | online
You probably know exactly what you need to accomplish in terms of your scholarship
this semester. This workshop will help you get it done. This is an active workshop—the
goal is for you to have a clear plan of what you will do each day to move your scholarship
forward. We will help you schedule and commit to writing time, help you set up your
support network, and provide advice about how to get back on the scholarship wagon
should you falter.
The Calculus of ‘What Counts’?
Friday, October 29, 2021, 3:30 - 5:00 pm | online
It can be hard to determine your research and writing goals in the years leading to tenure and/or promotion. We are plagued by the eternal question (panic?) of “what counts.” While FAWN cannot answer those questions for you (in general, the answers are “peer-reviewed” and “it depends”), we can put you on the path to figuring out what might count for you: whom to ask, where to find the answers, how to think about your work in light of your tenure/promotion goals. Come with your current CV, your Program Standards, and most recent tenure narrative ready to interactively negotiate these questions.
*Contact the FAWN facilitators for the Zoom link and to be added to the Blackboard group to meet online.