School of Business Mentorship Program
Mentoring Program Opportunity
The Dean’s Executive Advisory Board is proud to introduce the inaugural year of a Mentoring Program open to full-time undergraduate students within the School of Business.
The program is designed for students to engage with business leaders across a variety of sectors to gain:
- Insight from experienced leaders in business
- Coaching and Counsel both personally and professionally
- Ability to build valuable networks and relationships
The mentors participating in this program offer experience in many facets of business including: Talent Acquisition, Hospitality, Marketing, Communications, Accounting and Finance, Institutional Finance, Legal, Retail, Healthcare, Energy, Real Estate and more.
While no two Mentor-Mentee relationships are the same, the flexibility within this program is built to ensure meaningful outcomes for both participants.
Mentorship - Getting Started
Upon notification of your mentee match, the first step is making contact. While many communication channels are appropriate, a welcoming email to your mentee is encouraged. This message can be a short introduction and should focus on establishing an initial meeting.
The primary goal of your first meeting should be to get to know one another and establish the foundation of a trusting relationship. Within this meeting, you will want to ensure a few key elements:
- Cadence of Meetings: Mutually agreed (Monthly is suggested)
- Channels of Communications: Establish medium (virtual, in-person) for meetings, but also communication between meetings if mutually agreed
- Outcomes: Discuss what each part desires to gain from this experience
A comprehensive guide for mentorship is available here. This is not a prescriptive handbook, but a point of reference for informational purposes.