Process & Timeline
Tentative Search Timeline
*Proposed dates are subject to change.
August – September 2022
- The Board of Trustees and Search Committee meet with the consultants to determine the timeline, outreach strategies, priorities, and desired characteristics of a potential president.
- Consultants meet with additional campus community members to discuss the opportunities and challenges of the position.
- WittKieffer prepares a draft leadership profile and suggested recruitment strategy. The search committee chair and search committee members provide input and approval.
September – Early November 2022
- WittKieffer engages in strategic national/global recruitment and sourcing, targeting potential candidates, reviewing applications materials’ and conducting preliminary conversations to identify qualified and preferred candidates.
- Consultants will meet with the search committee to review candidates and identify semi-finalists for interviews.
Early December – January 2023
- WittKieffer prepares the search committee for first-round interviews and assists with selecting finalists for second-round interviews. Verifies education, credentials, and employment history.
- Second-round interviews take place on campus, including candidate presentations for the entire campus community. Finalists meet with additional constituents as needed. The consultant will conduct in-depth references.
Mid January 2023 - Early February 2023
- Search Committee prepares to recommend acceptable candidates to the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees will extend an offer to the desired candidate, and WittKieffer will advise and assist where needed. The Final candidate accepts the offer, and an appointment will be announced to the Campus Community.