Safe Walk Escorts
Student Escort / Safe Walk Programs
Are you concerned for your safety?
Did you work or study into the late hours?
Is it dark and you are walking alone back to your car or residential area?
Student escort services or Safe Walk may be the answer!
Stockton University is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for the campus community. Everyone deserves to feel safe on our campus no matter when our classes end, when our study groups meet, or when we attend events. Anytime a student, employee or visitor feels unsafe walking from one location on campus to another, they can request an escort. The Stockton Police Department offers a student escort service. Additional Safe Walk escort services are provided by members of the Stockton Neighborhood Watch program.
Escort services are available free of charge, from dusk to dawn every day of the year. If student escort personnel are not available, then a Neighborhood Watch Team member will be dispatched. Keep in mind that the Stockton Police Department is available 24 hours a day if ever there are concerns about your safety.
These services are designed to enhance your safety and peace of mind. It represents one of the ways in which Stockton University is dedicated to the physical safety of its members.
To obtain an escort, please call the Stockton Police at ext. 4390 or 609-652-4390.
They will ask the following information:
- Your name
- Your location
- Identifying information like clothing and description of your vehicle
They will then arrange to meet with you and escort you to your requested campus location.
Night Time Safety Tips
- Walk in well lit, well traveled areas
- Walk with a purpose, quickly and confidently
- Walk with a friend
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Pay attention to cars or pedestrians that may be following you
- If you think you are being followed, immediately dial 911
- Know the location of RSC "blue light" emergency phones which will dial directly to 9-1-1
- Carry a cell phone with you but be aware, talking on phones while walking is a distraction from possible danger
Remember…..Campus Safety is everyone’s business so let’s make it happen.