Your Major Doesn't Always Equal Your Career!
A Career Community consists of a group of students who have career interests that fall into a specific occupational category. This model was implemented to provide a more targeted approach to guiding students through the career development process.
What Career Communities are NOT:
- Services for specific majors only
- A focus solely on "professional" academic programs (e.g. Business, Health Science, Hospitality)
What Career Communities ARE:
- Focused on the idea that major doesn't always equal career
- Designed around career areas/fields
- Help students explore their career interests and how to get there
Why Join a Career Community?
- Be assigned a career advisor who will guide you through the career development process in a manner that aligns with your career interests.
- Take advantage of specialized services, programs, and events, customized to meet your specific career development needs.
How to Join a Career Community:
Log into your StocktonWorks account and update your profile.
Make an Appointment with your Career Advisor:
Visit our Appointment Scheduling Page to select your Career Community and meet with the appropriate advisor.